Expected to be back in stock in Mid-August 2020. Order now! These will go fast. 1-800-987-4337
The Riga Greenhouse
The Riga is truly a greenhouse by the European definition of a greenhouse – designed to be used to grow fresh vegetables, herbs and flowers in the middle of winter. While other greenhouses using less than 8 mm twin-wall polycarbonate, are considered to be Season Extenders, to be used when a night frost might be expected during the spring or fall season. At best they can only be used to house established plants during the winter season.
The polycarbonate glazing on the Riga Greenhouse is German made and believed to be of superior quality than the much more common Polygal or GE glazing. And a major advantage of the Riga Greenhouse’s construction method is that the frame profiles are permanently attached to each other, and won’t come loose over time due to wind pressures.
The peak height of almost eight feet allows room for tall plants and growing trees, and there is sufficient interior space for the most avid gardeners. The heavy duty frame is made of reinforced aluminum and the unique “onion” design allows the greenhouse to withstand inclement weather with ease. Nothing short of tornados or hurricanes has ever destroyed a Riga Greenhouse.
The Riga 5 includes four large roof windows which have automatic openers to help keep the interior well-ventilated and at a comfortable temperature. The lockable, Dutch door provides easy access and is designed for quick installation.
The commercial-grade 8mm twin-wall polycarbonate panels on the sides and 10mm twin-wall polycarbonate panels on the front and back provide tremendous insulative value. They are extremely durable and are virtually unbreakable and provide much more efficiency than typical greenhouse panels. Gutters are not needed as the Riga’s unique design naturally diverts water away from the foundation.
The Riga 4 Greenhouse 10 x 11 can be placed on a 20″ stem wall if desired. A door drop down kit is available. With a combination of strong materials and durable hardware, the Riga 5 Greenhouse is by far the strongest greenhouse under $6,000.
Specifications and Features:
- Exterior dimensions: 9′ 8″ W x 17′ 6″ L x 7′ 7″ H
- Color: anodized aluminum
- Floor space: 165 sq. ft.
- 4 roof windows: large 40″ W x 24″ L vent with temperature-adjustable, electricity-free automatic opener
- 1 rear roof window is 30″ W x 42″ H with an adjustment arm
- 8mm twin-wall polycarbonate panels on sides and 10mm twin-wall polycarbonate panels in front and back are UV-protected, have a R-value of 1.61 and 1.89, and are virtually unbreakable
- Heavy duty aluminum frame is greatly sloped with a high peak to allow rain and snow to easily run off and can easily support the weight of an adult
- Frame profiles are thicker than comparably priced structures for added strength
- Constructed so that the frame profiles are attached to each other in a manner that ensures that they will stay intact even in high winds
- High ratio of paneling to frame width allows for maximum light transmittance.
- Heavy duty rubber seals are used on all windows, doors, and the top and bottom of the large side glazing panels for complete weather sealing
- Barn style door for easy access includes keyed handle and is 30″ W x 72″ H
- Tall peak height allows for plenty of working room inside the greenhouse without having to stoop and more room for shelving
- Gutter and down spouts are not needed because of the unique frame design
- Includes 4 L-shaped anchor bars which attach to the inside of the frame base profiles to attach the greenhouse to a concrete or wood frame
- Riga greenhouses have withstood all inclement weather when properly installed and anchored short of tornados and hurricanes
- Designed, engineered, and manufactured by Hoklartherm, the top maker of premium greenhouses and outdoor pavilions in Germany
- Includes comprehensive assembly manual along with a DVD showing each stage of assembly
- Assembly usually takes just one weekend with two people (three is preferable) with ordinary household tools as there are no eaves and relatively few connections
- Maintenance-free design means the Riga only needs occasional washing with a garden hose and recommended annual tightening of all nuts and bolts
- The optional Foundation Frame is recommended when placing the greenhouse directly on the ground.
- Friendly technical support available from Exaco for installation help 7 days a week
Optional Shelf Package:
- Bottom shelf – 25″ wide x 17′ long
- Top shelf – 10″ wide x 17′ long
Why Choose RIGA?
- The RIGA Greenhouse is designed, engineered, and manufactured in Germany by Hoklartherm, a leading manufacturer of commercial and hobby greenhouses, with 28 years experience.
- With a combination of strong materials and durable hardware, the Riga Greenhouse is by far the strongest greenhouse under $5,000.
- The Riga Greenhouse offers more window and door ventilation than another units it is class.
- The polycarbonate glazing on the Riga Greenhouse is German made and believed to be of superior quality then the much more common Polygal or GE glazing.
- The Riga Greenhouse comes with an optional two layer shelving system with removable shelf inserts. This allows for tall plants (beans, tomatoes etc.).
- The optional 6″ high base frame (which is often used to increase the height of the roof), is 2-3″ higher than most competitors.
- One major advantage of the Riga’s construction method is that the frame profiles are permanently attached to each other, and won’t come loose over time due to wind pressures.
- German engineering – guaranteed top quality!
- Optional Shelving: Seed tray/Bench shelf and top shelf are available with strong diagonal support braces – can hold a 160 pound man! White twin-wall polycarbonate shelf inserts can be removed to allow for tall plants such as tomatoes or beans or to allow insertion of heavy-duty seed trays. This greenhouse can flex to your gardening needs throughout the year.
- The RIGA Greenhouse is attractive and beautiful to look at – fits well in to an upscale garden setting
- Buying a greenhouse is like buying a car, they vary in cost from cheap to very expensive, the RIGA is a class similar to a Volkswagen/Volvo – stronger, more durable and better insulated, and offers many more features than the better selling brands.
- The RIGA Greenhouse offers the minimum insulation needed to grow plant year-round – others using less insulation cost too much to heat.
- RIGA Greenhouse units are available in 5 sizes
- We recommend you buy one size bigger than you planned.