Projected to Restock in November 2021. Order now! These will go fast. Call 800-987-4337
Riga s Series
The Riga S-Series Greenhouses are designed to grow fresh vegetables, herbs, and flowers year round. Other greenhouses use less than 8 mm twin-wall polycarbonate panels and are considered to be season extenders, to be used when a night frost might be expected during the spring or fall season. The Riga greenhouses are designed, engineered, and manufactured in Germany by Hoklartherm, a leading manufacturer of commercial and hobby greenhouses, with 28 years experience. The Riga S-Series Greenhouse has 8 mm and 10 mm panels and can be placed on a 20″ stem wall if desired. A door drop down kit is an available option if you do this.
With a combination of strong materials and durable hardware, the Riga 2s Greenhouse is by far the strongest greenhouses under $5,000. The polycarbonate glazing on the Riga Greenhouse is German made and believed to be of superior quality than the much more common Polygal or GE glazing. And a major advantage of the Riga S-Series Greenhouse Kit’s construction method is that the frame profiles are permanently attached to each other, and won’t come loose over time due to wind pressures.
The Riga 2s includes a large roof window which has an automatic opener to help keep the interior well-ventilated and at a comfortable temperature. The lockable, Dutch door provides easy access and is designed for quick installation.
The commercial-grade 8mm twin-wall polycarbonate panels on the sides and 10mm twin-wall polycarbonate panels on the front and back provide tremendous insulative value. They are extremely durable and are virtually unbreakable and provide much more efficiency than typical greenhouse panels. Gutters are not needed as the Riga’s unique design naturally diverts water away from the foundation.
Specifications and Features:
- Exterior dimensions: 7′ 8″ W x 7′ L x 7′ 2″ H
- Color: anodized aluminum
- Floor space: 54 sq. ft.
- 1 roof window: large 40″ W x 24″ L vent with temperature-adjustable, electricity-free automatic opener
- 1 rear roof window is 30″ width x 42″ height with an adjustment arm
- 8mm twin-wall polycarbonate panels on sides and 10mm twin-wall polycarbonate panels in front and back are UV-protected, have a R-value of 1.61 and 1.89, and are virtually unbreakable
- Heavy duty aluminum frame is greatly sloped with a high peak to allow rain and snow to easily run off and can easily support the weight of an adult
- Constructed so that the frame profiles are attached to each other in a manner that ensures that they will stay intact even in high winds
- High ratio of paneling to frame width allows for maximum light transmittance
- Heavy duty rubber seals are used on all windows, doors, and the top and bottom of the large side glazing panels for complete weather sealing
- Dutch door includes keyed handle and is 30″ W x 72″ H
- Tall peak height allows for plenty of working room inside the greenhouse without having to stoop and more room for shelving
- Gutter and down spouts are not needed because of the unique frame design
- Beautiful design to fit any garden
- Includes 4 L-shaped anchor bars which attach to the inside of the frame base profiles to attach the greenhouse to a concrete or wood frame
- Riga greenhouses have withstood all inclement weather when properly installed and anchored short of tornadoes and hurricanes
- Includes comprehensive assembly manual along with a DVD showing each stage of assembly
- Assembly usually takes just one weekend with two people (three is preferable) with ordinary household tools as there are no eaves and relatively few connections
- Maintenance-free design means the Riga only needs occasional washing with a garden hose and recommended annual tightening of all nuts and bolts
- The optional Foundation Frame is recommended when placing the greenhouse directly on the ground.
- Friendly technical support available from Exaco for installation help 7 days a week